Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Swap Goodies, a Pie, and Hillary!

I was so excited when I drove up yesterday to my house after work to see a package waiting at my door! My Literacy Swap package came in!! This time my swap partner was Rindee and boy did she do a great job! I can't wait to get started on reading the books and I LOVE magazines!!Thanks Rindee!!

Lastnight, I felt very domestic. I came home and tried a new recipe for Pork Medallions. I forgot to take a picture of them because we were so hungry, but it was super simple. Just take a pork loin and cut into 1 1/2" slices, wrap them in bacon. Line a pan with foil and place the bacon wrapped loin pieces on the foil. In the meantime, bring to a boil the following ingredients: 1/2 cup syrup, 2 Tbsp. butter, 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard, 2 Tbsp. Chicken broth. Take off the burner and baste the pieces of loin with half the mixture. Place in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes. When done, pour the rest of the mixture over the loins.
SO GOOD even Chris liked it and that is saying something! haha

I also made a Cherry Cheese Pie, my fave dessert in the whole world! All you do for this is take an 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese, softened and mix with a mixer until fluffy, then add a can of Eagle Brand milk and mix together. Now add 1/3 cup lemon juice and a tsp. vanilla. Mix together with a spoon and put into a graham cracker crust. Chill for a few hours and top with your fave fruit. Mine is always cherry pie filling! Enjoy!


Last, but not least, today are the primaries for several states, including Arkansas!
GO HILLARY!!

3 comments:

Rosjuane said...

Looks like great stuff!!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Wow,yeah too cool!!

I am going to have to try the pork medallions,sounds good and I think I have all that stuff on hand!

Debbi said...

I'm glad you loved your package and now I can finally post a picture of the fun stuff you sent me, because I've been waiting for other people to get their stuff! love the pie, it makes me hungry!