Friday, June 13, 2008

{Pink Tomato Festival}


Today is the official beginning of the Bradley County Pink Tomato Festival and like always, it is super hot and humid. I just wish for one year to be cool or non humid or something! The carnival started lastnight and I have never taken the kids before. I made the mistake of taking them lastnight. They were great and rode rides and Jackson played a game or two, but then I got into playing this one game and the guy promised me two big toys for the kids and my money back if I could make a ball go in the basket. Long story short, I lost $40 and the kids didn't get a toy at all. Crook, but I do have S-T-U-P-I-D and S-U-C-K-E-R written all over me. Never again, it was definately a lesson learned. Today will be full of Arts and Crafts and high priced junk food and yummy lemonade followed by the parade tomorrow and maybe the fireworks tomorrow night and that will be it. This weekend marks one year since I have been on blogger! You can see this time last year's post here. Time flys when you're having fun!


Happy Pink Tomato!

3 comments:

Rosjuane said...

See me too. I'm not going b/c it's just too hot. And I don't live there so I have an excuse.

Debbi said...

haha! great! My mom and dad picked me up a shirt and sent it to me here in utah from this! I hope you have lots of fun and stay away from the carnival...I also was going to look at the layouts, hopefully later today!

Dena said...

Awww! Good Ol' Pink Tomato Festival. Brian and his band aren't playing this year, so I lucked out! We were there last year and Braiden was 5 months old. It was way too hot, way too stinky, way too Warren. I'm a bit glad we aren't braving it this year. But...if you want hot, crowded and stinky, come on up next year to Riverfest!!! Holy Cow! Now, THAT'S a mess!!! 250,000 people crammed onto one long street alongside the Arkansas River. ICK!! We took Braiden this year...and of course, I was sick with my stuff. It was horrible! Have fun this year...we'll probably brave it next year!! :o)