Tuesday, June 3, 2008

{Random}

Well, we decided on a floor plan after hours of deliberating. I went through the floor plan book and marked what I liked and then Chris went through and marked what he liked. If we liked the same one, we folded it down and went from there disregarding the others. Out of 1000's, we only liked 7 together. We narrowed it down to this:


I gave it to three contractors yesterday and all three are to get back with me in a couple of days. I asked the buyers if they could wait until Thursday before they went to the bank so we could decide if this is something we want/can afford to do. We do not want the fireplace and want french doors there to go to the patio and make the door it had into a window. After reading everyone's comments on the in laws thing, I'm scared. Makes me think I should stay where I'm at until the building is almost complete if that is what we end up doing. I certainly do not want to rent because our house payment is cheaper than most people's rent price. Decisions, Decisions...

On a different note, I still haven't posted about Memorial Day, I hope to get pictures up soon. Probably tomorrow since I'm babysitter less (she is having a procedure done) and I will be at home all day instead of work. I have been making time to read during all the chaos and have read Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Baby Proof by Emily Griffin. I think she is one of my new fave authors. She just had another book out and it is definately on request with Paperbackswap.com! I also requested The Host (b/c I don't want to buy it for fear it sucks) and Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson.

Something Borrowed is really good and Something Blue is the version of Something Borrowed told from another point of view. Baby Proof is unrelated to the first two and is ok, but no where near as good.

Have a good day!

4 comments:

Debbi said...

So how is the language in those books? I am so super picky, I'm a dork. Just wondering. I like the layout of that house, so many bathrooms! Is the bonus room above the garage? I like it, I hope it all works.

random - but I have been haning out with my sister kathy and we think it's funny they have the picture of chess on the front of the 4th book, she thinks of breaking pond (as in the chess piece) each time she looks at it. funny, we are dorks.

{Erica} said...

I've been wanting to read those books...thanks for the info on them, i just might have to add those to my list.

Your floor plan looks awesome. I can't wait until having a house is a reality..until then i'm happy where I'm at and just live my house dreams through you and my other friends :)

Mindy said...

I loved both of those books, but I never could get into Baby Proof. Emily Giffin is a great author.
I still can't get into The Host, but I am going to give it one more try.

Mom of these kids said...

Maybe you guys should go to the bank, and try to prequalify for a loan, and then you would know if you had to have money down before building the house or not. I don't know....you can get loans to buy a house no money down, but I don't know about when you are building. Hmm....you may already know. That could make a dif about if you need to sell the house now, or wait. And, I am sure if you wait, someone will come along to buy it. It is a nice house, in a nice neighborhood.