Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What???????


Today was my first day of jury duty. As you can read in the previous post, I was really excited about doing this. We were there for a little over an hour. We had to watch a jury orientation video (bore) and then call roll, which by the way...many people did not show up and I wonder if they will receive a failure to appear...anyway, then we had to stand and swear to be truthful and then the lawyers kept whispering. So, after about 30 or 45 minutes, they said they were having "technical difficulties" and told us we could go home and come back tomorrow! I am very disappointed at this point. Maybe it will go better and more interesting tomorrow!

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

that happened to me too! I think they go home and evaluate you guys...they take into consideration race, religion, background...did you have to answer questions? i can't wait to hear what happens next...although i'm not sure if you're allowed to give details of the case...

Debbi said...

that sucks! I was so waiting to hear about all your law and order happenings (not that anything like that would ever happen in Warren anyway!)

allowed to give details of the case or not, you need to give us a scoop - like: suppose this happened to a friend.....