Friday, July 27, 2007

Jury Duty


I received a letter yesterday stating that I was being summoned for Jury Duty next Wednesday and Thursday. As most receive this letter, they are consumed with the feeling of doom. They are so disappointed and gripe about it. Not me, no way! I have been wanting to be called for jury duty since I registered to vote when I turned 18 years old. I'm 27! That is 9 years!! I know this sounds dumb, but I don't see what the big deal is. You get a day or so off from work and you get to be nosey! haha I have wanted to do this because maybe my voice/decision will be heard and justice shall be served! I'm a dork, I Know!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Woo hoo! I can hear the Law and Order music in my head right now. Duh duh duh duh. Ok - I'm a dork. You will have to post about this experience!!!!

chandra said...

You are both dorks!! just kidding.

{Erica} said...

What are the odds that got summoned to jury duty 2 x's in a year?! I called them and told them I had already done my duty and they said it was a mistake (the second time). I had to miss work, but it was kinda intresting and I got paid for the days I missed by my employer and the court (not that much but still unexpected). Let us know how it goes!