Thursday, October 16, 2008

OH MY!!!!!

This morning on my way to take the kiddos to school, we came to an intersection. There was no one but me going straight (south) and a school bus (#5-driver John Berry?) that apparently was going to go straight (east) to the right of me. I go and am in the middle of the intersection when the idiot bus driver, who apparently doesn't have eyeballs, decides to go ahead to coming within 2 feet of hitting my Lauren, who is in the back passenger side, head on!!! I swerved as much as possible to my left (thank goodness no one was coming), the bus keeps on keepin' on and nicks my back right bumper. I stop in the road (still on the left hand side) and get out getting ready to talk to this idiot driver and the bus just keeps on driving like nothing ever happened!!! Never even slowed down! ONE-they didn't see me at ALL, TWO-they didn't want to deal the repercussions...either way, I called the bus shop to talk to their supervisor who is out until tomorrow. I called the Superintendent's office, who is out until Monday, but gave the story to his secretary and then I called to the police department and gave a statement. WHAT THE CRAP??? Of course, I was balling and skwalling (sp?) when I was on the phone with the school folks, but my gosh...my little girl and ultimately my little boy, depending on how hard/far the bus would have hit us, could have been hurt severely or killed!!! The bus was loaded with kids too. Scared to death and furious...that is/was me. What sucks and infuriates me more is that nothing will probably even be done.


7 comments:

bowling1 said...

Last year I was headed to the doctors office here in Monticello right at the time school was being let out. I turned off of 425 and was in front of the P-home when a school bus stopped and a little girl come off of the bus. OF COURSE I am at a stop. The bus driver LOOKS AT ME makes a motion of "come on" so I started to go. About that time the little girl started to cross in front of me. I stopped but then the bus driver had the nerve to look at me and shake his finger...

You did the right thing by calling the bus shop, the Superintendent's office AND the police. Maybe with you calling the police the school will take this as a serious matter. Make sure you take pictures of your rear fender. If it is really damaged I would insist that the school cover the repair!

Glad everybody made out okay though.

Debbi said...

Oh my gosh, I am glad that you and Lauren and Jackson are ok! What a crazy ordeal! I would be mad too - and I am glad you called all those places. One good thing about living in a small town is that you do probably know who the driver was, you know what I mean - and you can just say his name when you talk to them. Seriously, glad you are ok!

Debbi said...

how did you get that cute sig. thingie - email me!!!! please please!

{Erica} said...

holy cow!! Crazy...I'm just glad you're okay! Did you get the bus district and bus number?

Dena said...

Poor thing! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you & your babies are ok, though. Maybe he lives on Rock Street or something, and the smell of the air as he walked thru the dizzy haze got to him that morning! Who knows?! I'm kidding! I should've said that. But, I didn't erase it, either! HA! And, I want a signature thingy too, just like you & Debbi!!!

Dena said...

Sorry...typo - I SHOULDN'T have said that. I need to lie down.

Mom of these kids said...

Oh my. He seriously could/would/should lose his commercial driver's license for that. Clay went through that course, and even drove a school bus for a short time, and he said any kind of accident/ticket, anything was very serious. You need to STAY ON THEM until something is done. I CAN'T believe he didn't stop!!