Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rainy Weather = Movies!

This weekend was soooo nasty, rainy and cold! I couldn't think of anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon except watch movies! This is what we watched:


Hairspray - I loved the original with Ricki Lake back in the day, but this newer version is WAY better. Lauren absolutely loved it and now wants it for Christmas! She is 4! I'm excited that she liked it so well, because I love musicals. Chris wasn't there, he hates those kind of movies, except Grease! John Travolta playing the mom and some of the things he does just cracks me up! For those of you that have never seen it, it is set in the 60's and there is a super popular dance show for teens that comes on every afternoon and Tracy, who is a little overweight, wants to dance on the show. She gets on the show and then they take away a day when the black people get to dance and she goes on protest. Super cute and with a good meaning! I gave it 5 stars! It stars John Travolta, Michelle Phifer, Amanda Bynes, Christopher Walken, Zach Effron, Kristin Cavillari and Queen Latifah.



Bobby Z - This movie was about a drug lord, a cop, a prisoner, and a few other people. haha This one guy was a major drug dealer who was in trouble with a drug lord and a police officer's partner was being held by the drug lord so the officer gets a guy out of prison who looks like the drug dealer to switch to get his partner back and of course things turn crazy and go awry. You will just have to watch because I don't want to spoil or confuse anyone anymore than I already have about this one. I gave it 3 1/2 stars. It stars Paul Walker and Laurence Fishborne.







Spiderman 3 - This is a continuation to the other movies in the series. It is your typical Spiderman movie with a "black suit" coming in this one as the villain. It was good, I give it 4 stars. It stars Tobey Maguire, Topher Grace, Kirsten Dunst, and James Franco.










Santa Clause 3 - This, too, is a continuation to the other movies in the series, but this time Jack Frost comes to ruin Christmas and make it Frostmas. This movie was super cute and not only did my kids love it, but Chris and I did as well. I give it 5 stars. It stars Tim Allen and Martin Short.




4 comments:

Debbi said...

I still haven't seen hairspray, I am like the only person on the planet, I know. Everyone I know loves it - and High School Musical.

Stephanie is the one that I lived by, Maddie is 4 1/2, so the same age as Lauren. I knew marie had adopted some kids, but the fact that she is still sane after 8 is amazing.

I wish we lived close so we could watch shows together:)

Debbi said...

Oh and we watched SM3 the other weekend too - it was good - you are right, typical spider man. I think the first one is the best. Kristen Dunce is so cute I think.

chandra said...

LOVE HAIRSPRAY! We got it the day it came out and have watched it several times. Daesha has most the songs memorized. Mostly due to the fact we have been listening to the soundtrack for months. But I hate the fact it says "kiss my ass" Daesha has already caught on to that but never said it. She just said "Ow, thats a bad word, dont listen to that mom".

Mom of these kids said...

I haven't seen Hairspray either, but really want to...I got to go see it live this past year when it was in LR, and loved it!

Heather, I posted answers to your questions in the comments on my blog.