Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's been going on...

Last Thursday and Friday, I took some vacation days to spend with my kiddos at the end of their spring break. We had lots of fun.

On Thursday, Chris took off with us and we went to Lowe's and bought 14 more bags of mulch to put outside, more stepping stones and some solar lights. We came home and the afternoon consisted of putting all that stuff out and boy, was I sore the next day!


On Friday, Kristy came down for the next week and a half with her beautiful baby girl, Brecken! That morning was spent at the village in Star City. I had to go to Fuqua's so that Daphne and Michael can design me a couple of rings to go on either side of my wedding ring and to pick up my repaired Caerleon ring. I can't wait to see what they come up with! We ate at the bbq place, went to the leather shop for some shoes and of course, hit the bakery!! love it! The whole afternoon, though, was spent with Brecken and Kristy. Jackson and Lauren love going to Poppy and Janice's house (Kristy's parents). They are like a third set of grandparents for my kids. They are truly wonderful! We had a lot of fun, except that I was the brave one that clipped Brecken's fingernails for the first time. I get to the last finger and nick the poor baby. I still feel so bad! I hope she is doing okay!


Lauren and Brecken


Poppy pushing Jackson and Lauren, along with sticks, in a wheel barrow.

After visiting with Kristy and her fam, we stopped by the station to see Daddy. Here's Lauren acting goofy.

Pic of Lauren and Daddy taken by Jackson. Quick family pic, taken by Jackson.


On Saturday, I took the kids to the movies to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. It was pretty good, but the best part was the 3D aspect of it! I don't think I have seen a 3D movie since I was their age! We then went to Red Lobster (my kiddos love it!) and then to Lowe's again to buy more mulch and more solar lights!

On Sunday, I put out the rest of the mulch and bushes and solar lights. (hope to have a pic up soon) It is looking better...trying to de-trailorfy (sp?) my house as much as possible!

Hope everyone had a great week last week!

4 comments:

Laken said...

Can't wait to see pics of all the yardwork! I am sure it is beautiful!

RADstitches said...

Year before last we bought over 75 bags of mulch. LOL NO KIDDING! Last year we did not have to get any, but this year will be the year again. Then, when I see a cat in it I get the REDS cause I did not buy that for a cat to potty in it! And we don't even have cats!

chandra said...

Jealous that you are enjoying good weather. It has snowed twice this week and we are getting more tomorrow! I cant wait to see your yard. It sounds like you are putting alot of hard work into it. BTW have yo played on your Wii fit? After all the trouble you went through to get it and then you couldn't even use it. I think this calls for an official picture of you using it!!!!

hogwildinmountaineercountry said...

Brecken's finger is fine. I'm just glad you were brave enough to clip them, because mommy is too scared! I have some pictures of Jackson feeding her that are TOO cute! I will e-mail them to you.