Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wii and Prayers


I got my Wii Fit!!! Thanks to everyone for looking out for one for me. I got it yesterday. A friend of mine's fiance works in Pine Bluff and they had 4 of them!! Jackpot! I haven't taken it out of the package yet, but we will be breaking it out tonight!


Maybe I can lose a few pounds!


My brother is getting married tomorrow night. They have only been dating six months, but I guess when you are 42, you know when you know, right? Please keep them in your prayers. The first year is the hardest, or so they say.


Also, a friend of mine just lost her mother two years ago this April 8th. She was only 49 and died from lung cancer. Now, her stepfather has been diagnosed with colon cancer and they will taking some of it out today. He should not have to have a colostomy when it is over, but we will see. They also are taking out his gall bladder because the doctor said it had a stone in it the size of an egg and that he didn't want gall bladder trouble in addition to the chemo. They also found some cysts on his liver, but aren't concerned about them as much as they are a different spot on the liver that they will be looking at during the surgery. Please keep her family in your prayers as well. All too soon, especially since it has been exactly two years right now that they were in the same hospital for almost the same reason and they have the same surgeon that her mom had.


Hope everyone is having a great week!

3 comments:

RADstitches said...

I can't wait to hear what you think about the hula hoops!!! I mailed your package yesterday priority! Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

Mom of these kids said...

That will be so hard for her...I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Best wishes to your brother! I think when you are older especially, when you know, you do know. Hopefully everything will be just fine!

Good for you for getting the Wii fit! I don't know a thing about it since we don't have a Wii, but I know everyone that has gotten one has liked it!

{Erica} said...

I LOVE WII FIT...glad your finally found one.

I rock the hula hoops...being polynesian I know how to move my hips and I still hold the record amont my friends. Tell me what you think of the fit?