Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8 years

Today as of 10:35 a.m. I have been married to the most wonderful man for 8 years. We have had our ups and downs in our marriage but have indured them all. He has grown to be the most hard working, supportive individual. I am truly blessed to have him in my life and to be the father of our beautiful children. I wanted to post all sorts of pictures of us through the years, but due to having no scanner at this time, all I have are these few. We have been together for 12 years including dating.
My Senior Prom ~ 1998

June 2007 ~ Stevens Photography


We met in June of 1996 through our then foreign exchange student, Alex Marx. Alex and I had started dating after flirting with each other for a whole semester. Chris was Alex's best friend here in the States. Chris also had a vehicle and a driver's license! So, on our first date, Alex, Chris, Caleb Forrest, Jerry Nutt, and I all headed to Pine Bluff to watch a movie. This went on several times until Chris jokingly started flirting with me to make Alex jealous. Of course, sparks flew and it was like Chris and I had known each other forever. There was never an awkward moment. Eventually, I told Alex he was leaving in a month or so to go back to Germany and that I liked Chris. As I look back, that was really mean, but it's ok. ha Ever since then we have been inseperable. Chris' proposal wasn't anything romantic at all, but I knew the day he was going to buy my ring and as we were sitting on the couch together, he pulled it out and just said, "So, will ya?" HaHa! We were engaged on May 5, 2000 and purchased our first home in July of that year. After some minor remodeling and painting, we decided to get married on August 19th. The wedding was simple. It was at our church, with only Heather Anders as my witness and Kevin Lasiter as his and the preacher. We opted not to have a big wedding due to my father having so many wives and I felt it would be awkward for me to have everyone there and the fear that he would make a scene. After the "ceremony", we went to Hot Springs and stayed at The Arlington. It was nice. I wouldn't change it for the world. We saved so much money on not having a big wedding and honeymoon and were able to put that money down on the house. We just recently sold that house and it will forever be "my" house no matter who lives there. We later added two beautiful kiddos to the fam and the rest, as they say, is history!


Happy Anniversary, Chris! I Love You!

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

happy anniversary! I think it's so neat when people knew each other in high school. I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

Dena said...

YAY! Happy Anniversary!!! 8 years. WOW! It'll be 7 in September for me & Brian. That's crazy! :o) I love the old picture! I remember you in that dress! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I hope I can remember to do a post for our big day...

Laken said...

Awh... you little lovebirds!! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary with many more to come!

Debbi said...

Happy Happy Day! Yeah, I'm kinda back, maybe more next week. I just can't catch up. I love the picture from prom. How funny and cute. Hope you guys have fun

Jenny Sipes said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

brittany said...

Happy day today! Congrats! Speaking of Alex. Did anyone ever hear from him again?